Listing your Vacation Rental Properties on multiple sites is a very common and effective distribution strategy to attract more bookings and get more visibility, but where do we start? Which sites are best?
Managing your rental property on multiple sites is a difficult task, even for experienced hosts and managers. Discover the benefits, tips and challenges of this strategy.
• Increase Visibility: OTA’s give you access to segments which would be hard to reach directly.
• Maximize Bookings: more exposure, higher number of bookings you get.
• Drive Traffic: OTA’s can drive traffic to your website. Guests often get curious and check out the website to explore the services.
• Market Information: many of these platforms offer options to compare your performance with other competitors.
We are facing a saturated property rental market, there are many options and solutions to choose from. But first, it is important to think about the combination of sites that best suits your business.
Here are some of the most popular options to consider:
Booking: is the most popular platform used for hotel bookings, and other vacation rentals. It attracts more than 430 million monthly visitors. It is completely free, they take a commission on each booking, between 10% and 25%, depending on the country, type of property and location.
Airbnb: the fastest growing platform in the world. It offers an excellent opportunity to reach a massive audience. It has more than 650,000 active hosts and about 7 million listings in more than 220 countries. It is 100% free to publish properties, but you will be charged a commission between 3% and 5% per booking, once the booking is confirmed.
Expedia: it is another world leader. In addition to stays, it offers flights, travel packages, and many other products. It is a platform more focused on hotels, although it has more and more accommodations.
Vrbo: is another major vacation rental platform. It has more than 70 million travelers per month, making it an excellent way to reach new customers. This platform uses a pay-per-booking ad model. However, you need to post a minimum of 5 properties if you want to connect with a Channel Manager.
Managing your listing on multiple vacation rental platforms is especially difficult if you are not using the right tools. Most of these obstacles could be overcome by using a channel manager and a PMS.
– Time: uploading listings, descriptions, managing pricing and customer communications on multiple platforms, bookings and setting up all the automations you can imagine.
– Overbookings: there is no worse nightmare for a host than having to deal with double bookings. The only way to avoid these situations is to use a vacation rental software that synchronizes all your channels.
– Productivity: manage your teams more efficiently by setting up tasks and automations for your employees.
How to manage everything?
Easy! The automations is the key. The benefits linked to the use of a vacation rental software, allows you to empower your business, synchronizing and managing all your bookings, messages and tasks, through a centralized platform.
Publishing your rental properties on several sites is a great strategy. And also a big step, even for experienced hosts and property managers. That’s why it’s important to consider all aspects and make sure you use the right tools to streamline the process.
Hostify is the all-in-one solution for Vacation Property Management. An advanced and easy-to-use management platform that offers a wide range of excellent functionalities. This allows you to streamline your business management and communication flows so that you never miss an opportunity for a booking.
The ultimate tool to help you organize and keep track of all your properties, increase your revenue and performance, while investing much less effort! Book your free demo now and discover all it can offer to your rental business.